The secrets about work…
- don’t take it too serious
- make it fun…
- threaten to punch the boys (27-40 included) in the dick…
30 Day Challenge.
So I did one of these for July and it was mainly to focus on money. I did really well. I think I ought to give it another go. And since I’m mildly ADD or something… I have 3 things I want to focus on. Plus, 3 is a magic number.
- Appearance. I want to look more put together and be more fashionable. Better looking make up. Earrings more often. More creativity when getting dressed. Pretty easy, no? I’m not going to go crazy and do some what I wore stuff… lets face it I’m lazy and wear a lot of jeans and stuff from American Eagle and such with expensive shoes and purses.
- Read everyday. I have a stack of books and magazines I need to read. I love reading! But, I get distracted by the interwebs. Sure, I read a lot of blogs and articles, I’m not lacking information. But, I get extremely distracted by games and the good ol’ Facebook (less since they did some stupid updating). I want to spend more time reading through the magazines and books I’ve spent money on.
- Nesting and house keeping. This sounds like a no brainier but I’d love to get this nest under control! And, fall is the perfect time of year to do this! I want to spend at least 15 to 20 minutes a day making my house tidy and clean. I want to spend time in my kitchen prepping food to eat for the week. I want clean underwear and socks everyday. I want my house to feel cozy and warm,not disorganized and cluttered. I want way less dog hair in my life! I have lots of candles and incense to burn up. I also need to burn through some stuff product and kitchen wise. Here’s to a happy and clean home! Oh and geez, also buy less stuff I don’t need and get rid of stuff I don’t need and or use. Get rid of the stuff you don’t like and cherish the stuff you have and do like, right?
FRIDAY 5: Things I love about fall…
- produce! wonderful pears, figs, parsnips, apples.
- cool nights. so much easier to sleep.
- scarves and hoodies and heavy socks.
- ciders. fresh, steamed, hard, yum.
- the amazing colors leaves turn! Oranges, yellows and reds!
THINGS I LOVE
- boyfriend and being able to be supportive
- dog friends! Version 2.0 is here! Turkey dog and Hippo aka Abigail and Ada.
- amazing sunsets
- cooler fall weather
- homemade soup! Quinoa chowder on Wednesday?
- running PRs for 5ks
- french presses
- washing my face with oil instead of soap
- lazy mornings in bed between my 2 dogs, the joy of working a mid shift
- a glass of wine every night verses getting shitfaced once a week
- the fact that shitfaced is in spellchecker?
- a good cup of coffee
- spider webs
- yoga and attempting to increase my practice
- oats! I think I like the gluten free ones now, I wasn’t to keen last year…
- roasted sweet potatoes
- snap peas
- coupons! but only when they’re for stuff I actually need/use
- seeing my 10% savings of each paycheck adding up
- wine tastings with old coworkers
- starry skies without light pollution
- What the Water Gave Me by Florence + The Machine (I must really like this song but seem to draw a blank when it comes on, I’ve Shazamed it 3 times!)
- Republic Brewing Company. Sure, I couldn’t drink the beer but had cider and mead instead. The brewery is super small but a place Kevin and I would hang out at if it wasn’t 5 hours away.
- hard cider. I’m getting really into cider right now, maybe a home batch will be in the future?
FRIDAY 5: Thoughts from vacation… delivered the Tuesday after…
- 9 times out of 10 people are asking a question because they don’t know the answer. I need to remember that people are seeking knowledge all the time, some of it might seem like a given to me and some of it is stuff I don’t know. Either way, I need to learn to be patient when being asked something.
- Water is a big deal, especially when the supply is limited.
- Dogs need the space to run around and be dogs.
- Absolute silence is amazing.
- I have to much stuff.
5 Books staring me down, waiting to be read…
- Revolutionary Road (umm, waiting to be finished)
- The China Study
- Quinoa 365 (okay, not read but looked through! Yay birthday gift!)
- The Kite Runner
I’m trying to post more stuff, for no reason really… I love the whole I idea of 5s. 5things, top 5s, Friday 5s. 5! So I’ll give a list of random themed topic that has 5 things in it, because that’s how I roll.
Oh hi there!
Sometimes, life gets a bit stressful. Sometimes, things break a bunch in the same week. And, sometimes we get a cold. Summer cold, eew.
THINGS I LOVE.
- Men. My co-worker told me to thank Kevin for being a man. Done.
- Dogs. I love my dog. But, I’m jealous of my 2 of my friend’s new puppies!
- honey. good on toast, good in tea, good for the skin, good for me.
- Nike Free Run 2. I think I’ve found me a new favorite shoe style! And these are tongue less!
- Rosés! I do love wine, and these are perfect for summer!
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer. Holy crap! Why did I wait so long to try primer?
- Honest To Blog’s Food on Your Face Friday
- running belts! I bought this at the expo before the Rock N Roll 1/2, it’s not that cool really but I do love that it has clips to hook race numbers into. No more repining when it get to warm.
- 7 Up. I really only crave this when I have a cold.
- Iced coffee! Screw getting mad that Starbucks sweetens theirs, I’ll make my own! Pioneer Woman has an easy recipe, which I cut in 1/2 or 1/4ths. I’m saving $ by doing this, too.
- 30 Day Challenges. This month was finances, I’ve done okay but could have done better. I need one for August.
- blueberries. frozen or fresh, love them!
- an iPhone with non broken parts. I broke the glass, Kevin broke the LCD screen. Oh, and it case you ever need to know… 3G and 3Gs use different glass parts. I can’t upgrade until next year…
- Weight Watchers meetings. I went back and I’m committed… Err, I’ve been sick this weekend and I’m just doing what I feel my body is telling me it needs for the next few days. Back in full force tomorrow.
- I bought a pair of TOMS. The Seattle weather has been crummy and I wanted a light weight shit kicking kind of shoe. I bought them, they gave a kid a pair of shoes.
- Weeds. I’m late to the party, but this show is awesome.
- talks of buying property
- Tiny holes in your favorite shirts? Whoa! I also get this from leaning up against the counter at work! Via not martha
- knowing which friendships are worth working on, and which friendships are okay to fade away
- Pinterest. Damn you, why are you so neat and addicting?